Friday, April 15, 2011

Which Lures are the Best?

Well, unfortunately it's not that simple. If there were any one lure out there that would guarantee you to catch a fish, everyone would be using it. Fish are finicky and do not take the same lure from day to day or even hour to hour. As I've mentioned in a previous post, the two lures that I trust to deliver more than the others I've used are the Heddon Super Spook Jr. and the Rattlin' Rapala but that doesn't mean they are the best. I've landed stripers with jerkbait such as the Yozuri Crystal Minnow,  swimbait like the Storm Wildeye Swim Shad, & poppers like the the Yozuri Hydro Tiger. I've had the best luck with bright colors, particularly lures with chartreuse on them.

Below are some sample images of the above mentioned lures.

Heddon Super Spook Jr.











Rattlin' Rapala


Yozuri Crystal Minnow
Storm Wildeye Swim Shad
Yozuri Hydro Tiger


No comments:

Post a Comment